Pick Variable Flow Direct Steam Injection Water Heater
- Inline direct steam injection heater that can operate with a changing flowrate of liquid
- Available in 316 stainless steel, carbon steel, cast iron or special alloys
- Liquid flowrates up to 3000 GPM
- Steam flowrates from 700 to 35,000 lbs/hr.
- To learn more about this product click here.
- For inquiries click here
Pick Variable Flow Direct Steam Injection Water Heater can be used to heat any water miscible liquid or aqueous slurry instantly on a continuous straight-through basis. The Pick system injects steam into the liquid through hundreds of small orifices in the injection tube. Fine “bubbles” of steam are instantly absorbed by the liquid, resulting in 100% transfer of heat energy. A unique spring-loaded piston rises or falls, as more or less steam is required. This prevents pressure equalization between steam and water pressure, thus eliminating steam hammer. Helical flights in the chamber promote thorough mixing prior to discharge.
The Pick Variable Flow Heater is designed to deliver hot water at a precisely controlled temperature over a wide range of water flows. It is used to accommodate wide variations in demand and frequent start-stop applications, and is ideally suited as a central heating system for multiple use points such as wash down stations or plant sanitation.
The addition of a circulating pump provides accurate temperature control during periods of variable demand. During periods of low to moderate demand, the pump maintains adequate circulation through the heater and across the temperature controller probe to eliminate temperature swings. The result – hot water at a precisely controlled temperature on demand.
- Steam capacity ratings from 700 to 35,000 lbs/hr
- Available in 316 stainless steel, carbon steel, cast iron or special alloys on request
- Complete instrumentation available
- No Steam Hammer: Eliminates harmful vibration and steam hammer which can lead to product and equipment damage.
- Precise Temperature Control: Accurate temperature control +/- 3°F (1.6°C)
- Energy Efficient: 100% heat transfer – cuts fuel costs as much as 28% compared with indirect heat exchangers
- Wide Operating Range: Widest operating range of any steam injection heater; up to 100:1 turndown with optional dual control valves
• Multiple Hose Stations • Plant Sanitation • Can Topping • Can Washing • Filter Backflush • Freezer Coil Defrosting • Laundries